GreenGeeks Review 2021 : Is GreenGeeks Good Hosting ? : Friends, GreenGeeks was founded in 2008 by Trey Gardner, and they’ve now shot up to hosting over 300,000 websites (with data centers in the U.S., Canada, and the Netherlands). Trey’s background is important, as he’s worked with eight different web hosting companies, including iPowerweb, iPage, StartLogic, Dot5Hosting, Globat, Lunarpages, Hostpapa and now GreenGeeks.
GreenGeeks Quick Overview
|SPEED||445ms (February 2018 to January 2020 average)|
|UPTIME||99.98% (February 2018 to January 2020 average)|
|SUPPORT||24/7 Live Chat|
|APPS||WordPress, Joomla, PrestaShop, and WHMCS|
|FEATURES||Unlimited bandwidth, storage, and email accounts, free domain 1st year|
|HOSTING PLANS||Shared, WordPress, and Reseller|
|SITE TRANSFER||Single Free Site Transfer|
|PRICING||Starting at $2.95/mo (renews at $9.95/mo)|
GreenGeeks Pricing, Hosting Plans
Friends, Unlike most other web hosts, GreenGeeks has just one shared hosting plan. The plan costs $2.95 if you pay for 3 years in advance (the actual cost is $9.95 per month if you pay monthly) and It comes with unlimited web space, unlimited data transfer, support for unlimited domain names, and unlimited email accounts and MySQL databases. Plan also comes with a free domain name and free nightly backups. and powered by RAID-10 SSD storage for performance.
Friends, Their WordPress hosting is basically the same as their shared hosting plan, but it seems to be especially enhanced for WordPress and We haven’t tested it yet but will do it soon.
Pros of GreenGeeks Hosting
Friends, GreenGeeks has a lot of good things going for them. This includes solid uptime, support, and important mission-driven service. Here all the details:
Friends, GreenGeeks has made the bold claim of guaranteed 99.90% uptime. Have they been able to live up to that claim?
Yes. Our in-depth, 24-month analysis backs this up, showing an average uptime of 99.98%. Friends, During the 24 months of tracking, GreenGeeks impressively had a total of only 4 hours of downtime (46 outages) and They have performed especially well in the past 12 months, keeping the uptime in most months between 99.98-100%.
2. Loading Time
Friends, We also tested GreenGeeks’ page load times during our 24-month review process and Their speed is better than the industry average, clocking in around 445ms.
3. Customer Support
Friends, GreenGeeks has a responsive 24/7 customer support team and an extensive knowledge base where users can search for answers to their questions and That’s a great perk if you prefer self-help over asking a customer service representative for assistance.
GreenGeeks has a ton of different article categories and subcategories to select from, including sales questions, general hosting, reseller hosting, VPS hosting, billing questions, video tutorials, and more. You can use the search bar in case you can’t find your solution within the above-mentioned categories.
4. Free Domain Name & Website Migration
It also offers free domain name registration and transfer. If you get your domain name through them and they will keep it free for as long as you use their services – kind of. See the Cons section for the details. If your blog/website is already hosted elsewhere, they can help you transfer your site to their servers for free.
GreenGeeks claims to be – well – green. GreenGeeks will purchase 3 times the wind energy credits to make up for the energy used by their services to power your website and They replace more than 615,000 kWh a year. To put that in perspective, the average American consumes 12,000 kWh of electricity per year.
GreenGeeks is a recognized Green Power Partner with the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
6. 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
Friends, If you’re unhappy with moving over to GreenGeeks, they have a full 30-day, ‘no-questions-asked’ money-back guarantee on most hosting plans.
GreenGeeks provides free nightly backups (in addition to SSH access) and This way, you can sleep soundly, knowing that even if something goes wrong, your data is backed up regularly and They also offer real-time security scanning, automatic brute force detection, Spam Assassin protection, SSL secure server, and the ability to password-protect your directories.
8. Server Locations
GreenGeeks offers data centers in 4 locations:
- Chicago, US
- Phoenix, US
- Montreal, CA
- Amsterdam, NL
Choosing the Correct server location can have a huge, positive impact on your website’s SEO. If you pick a server closer to you, you’ll experience faster speeds. It also promises customers that they will keep servers up to date with the following specifications:
- Never oversold
- Gigabit Connectivity
- The Latest Generation Energy-efficient Intel Xeon processors
- Minimum of 64 GB DDR3 ECC-Registered Memory
- No desktop hardware whatsoever
- BGP4 Gigabit connectivity to several Fiber GigE Tier 1 Backbones
- Name brand server parts
- RAID-10 SSD Storage Arrays to give you maximum performance & redundancy
- Solid State Drive (SSD) Acceleration
- FM 200 server-safe fire suppression system that has an early pre-fire detection mechanism
- Dual-city grid power feeds, plus battery backup that includes an automatic transfer switch and a diesel generator on-site
- Staffed 24×7 by SingleHop data center engineers and technicians and monitored remotely
- Automatic climate control and temperature system with temperature and humidity sensors throughout the facility
- Biometric and key card security system with man-traps and a rack-level locking mechanism
- SAS 70 Type 1 certified (with audit report available on request)
So Friends you can be sure with GreenGeeks that your data is stored on high-quality, state of the art servers.
9. Completely Free CDN
Friends, Everyone interacts with a Content Delivery Network (CDN) on a daily basis if they browse the web, whether they’re looking at news sites, social media pages, or shopping online. Its also offers a CDN to users that are powered by Cloudflare. That’s great news for your site optimization, especially if you’ve got a global reach.
Cons of GreenGeeks Hosting
Friends, Unfortunately, all that glitters is not gold. Despite all of the upsides to GreenGeeks, there are a few things you should be aware of before making a Last decision.
1. Industry-Standard Pricing Manipulation
It follows the tried-and-true industry-standard practice of advertising a very low monthly rate of $2.95 on their website, only for you to find out that you actually have to sign up for three years in advance to get it.Otherwise, if you wanna to pay monthly, it’ll set you back with $9.95 each month.
2. Refund Policy
Friends, Many web hosts will throw in a domain name for free when you create a new account with them. GreenGeeks also offers you a free domain name with them. Otherwise, the cost might range from ~$3.00 – $9.99 for the year.
- PF Full Form | What is PF – Complete Information 2021
- TRP Full Form | What is TRP Full Information 2021
If you request the aforementioned money-back guarantee and you took them up on that ‘free’ domain name offer, your refund will be deducted by $24.95 for a domain name registration fee. Friends, This means that the domain name is not really free and that their money-back guarantee has some strings attached.
At last i want to say that GreenGeeks has a bigger mission than just simply providing web hosting, and we like that and They are not necessarily the best we have seen, but they do provide solid speed, uptime, and good customer support and Just be aware that you’ll need to sign up for the long-term if you’d like their lowest rate. And that your ‘free domain’ and ‘money-back guarantee’ might not be so iron-clad if you decide to ask for a refund.
- Free domain? Yes.
- Ease of Signup: Easy signup process.
- Payment Methods: Credit Card, PayPal.
- Hidden Fees and Clauses: Your account must not use more than 100 percent of 1 CPU core and/or 1GB memory, or 20 concurrent connections or 75,0000 files or you will risk account suspension. If a due invoice is not paid within four days, your account will be suspended and you will need to pay a reactivation fee of $15 to have your account back online.
- Upsells: No upsells.
- Account Activation: Quick account activation.
- Control Panel and Dashboard Experience: cPanel.
- Installation of Apps and CMSs (WordPress, Joomla, etc.): 1-click install tool to easily install popular apps and CMSs.